Karma Automotive is passionate, responsible and uncompromising.
We make beautiful, ecologically sensitive products, and we will provide a memorable ownership experience for our customers.
Our work environment is casual, and our culture is results-oriented.
The Senior Paint Process Engineer will work with our paint supplier on paint quality, product development and workability. This candidate must be knowledgeable in application processes for custom base colors formulated by our paint supplier and their pallet array of custom color. The Specialist will also provide and support data that meets OEM color match, texture, durability and appearance that is compatible with the MVPS Automotive Plant Standard Operating Procedures. (SOP).
• Work with our paint supplier Axalta to properly formulate all refinish coatings including primers/undercoats, base or color coats and clear coats as directed by paint suppliers technical data support documents.
• Work with our paint supplier Axalta to Provide properly matched (OEM spec) for unique and original color products in “ready to spray” formulas to MVPS paint mix systems.
• Work with our paint supplier Axalta to utilizing all color tools provided by paint supplier (i.e., spray out cards, vehicle production data, chip cards, etc.) Mix only the amount of custom paint products, relevant (primer, base and clear) required to cover the original paint and/or repair material using the paint suppliers “mix-management system”.
• Work with Supplier Quality to provide support and evaluation for painted parts supplier color match.(i.e. mirror color match, Fascia sensor color match, door handle pocket color match.)
• Provide technical feedback to Design and Marketing which color and paint chemistry Moreno Valley can apply with minimum Process testing and which colors and paint chemistry Moreno Valley would need extensive development work.
• Develop firm estimates of the Moreno Valley costs associated for each special color that includes special tools, processing, workability development work, pre work, special repair etc. so that these costs can be fully comprehended in the option pricing
• Develop and standardize the process for special color introduction and the required lead time timeline.
• Work with Product Engineering, After Market Service and Re-finish Paint suppliers and Axalta to develop the aftermarket paint formulation for aftermarket paint and body repair.
• Keep updated and accurate records of all custom developed basecoat paint color, technical data and MSDS material as received from supplier.
• Assure paint area (i.e., booth, prep station, etc.) and paint mix/storage rooms are clean and all custom basecoat color products are stored as directed by the supplier. Manage, order and inventory paint supplies to meet production needs.
• Demonstrate safety commitment by following all safety and health and compliance procedures and modeling the behaviors related to such
Actively support of all safety activities aligned with MVPS Safety Excellence. Perform other duties as assigned by manager or supervisor, i.e., may spot repair or finesse production units when necessary, etc.
Karma Automotive LLC is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, color, race, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, age, religion, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law. Karma Automotive LLC complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act to ensure equal access to all qualified individuals with a disability. Valid driver’s license may be required based on essential duties.