Karma Automotive creates expressive and beautiful luxury cars that are environmentally conscious. We deliver them with personal attention to customers in the global marketplace. Our customers expect high levels of personalization and customization and we intend to deliver on that promise. If these commitments excite you, we would love to talk.
The Closures Manager is responsible to lead all the engineering activities of the Closures group into developing, designing and launching all Karma vehicle programs. The objectives are: Deliver the most efficient Closures for the program, following the Karma Product Development Process, on Time and within Budget. Lead continuous improvement to best in class quality and cost. Lead the group to the next level and execute on the technology roadmap.
• BSME/BSEE/BSAE required. MSME/MBA preferred
• 10 years of Body Engineering experience required
• 5 years of leading others is required
• CATIA V5 / R17 Cursory Experience Required, Expert Knowledge Preferred
• Problem solving experience where problems are unusual and difficult
• Previous OEM and automotive experience preferred
• Previous assembly plant launch experience preferred
• Dimensional Management and Understanding of GD&T required
• Experience Benchmarking engineering technologies and applying those into the design activities
• Experience in developing Criteria Development Section (Typical Sections) required
• Experience with Class A surface development and early clay design confirmation preferred
• Knowledge of load path and Architecture development preferred
• Knowledge of Dynamic sealing systems and Door Hardware development preferred
Basic knowledge of Quality Management Systems (ISO 9001:2015) and Environmental Management Systems (ISO 14001:2015), as applicable.
NO 3rd Parties, Principals Only, Please
Come and join the great Karma Team, where you can make a career! Karma Automotive offers a complete benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, STD, LTD; paid vacation, holidays and personal days; and a 401K with matching contributions. Relocation assistance may be available.
Karma Automotive LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, color, race, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, age, religion, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law. Karma Automotive LLC, complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act to ensure equal access to all qualified individuals with a disability. Valid driver’s license may be required based on essential duties.